Starting/training rate: $15.65/hr, certified rate: $18.12/hr, typically certified in 3-4 weeks
Requires full range of motion including eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 60 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Move raw materials: pellet boxes, felt rolls, fiber bales
- Move WIP: empty pallets and loaded pallets as small as 4’x4′ and as large as 53′ x 8′(pallets of this size require 2 forklift operators)
- Load finished product on truck to be shipped out
- Use walkie rider to move pallets
- Wrap pallets for shipping
- Operator will retrieve materials for the line, set up rolls, get empty pallets, restack unused pallets back in the yard, and move loaded pallets.
- Operator will need to take trash outside to the open top dumpster
- Operator must keep items that are moved neat and organized
- Assist line with stacking liner when not using forklift
- Monitor liner quality during production run
- Help refill propane tanks
- Report any safety/quality problems to supervisor immediately.
- Work in a safe manner at all times by following the company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.65 – $18.12 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 10-12 hour shift
Experience: Forklift: 2 years (Required)
Location: Martinsville, VA